Image Map

Wednesday 18 September 2013

I've Finally Read 'The Fault in our Stars'!

Miyyi is not at heart a book blog, but a 'whatever I want to blog about blog'. So today I thought I'd blog about The Fault in Ours Stars, which everyone has been raving about and which I've only just got round to reading. So off we go!

I had expectations for this book that I'd gathered from book bloggers and general chit chat, I knew this was going to be good. I started reading it knowing it might be a love story full of humour and metaphores, but maybe most of all, I knew this might be a very sad book indeed.

This is a book about cancer, but I don't think it feels like a depressing tragedy, instead, it shows you that even if you're ill, it doesn't stop you doing the things you love and being happy. In a way, this book can be viewed in a positive and happy light.

The characters are very memorable for there own unique personality and little quirks that are so original and make you laugh and cry. My favourite character of course was Augustus. I think this is because of his metaphoric cigarette that just made me laugh when he first mentioned it;)

The love story I thought was very cleverly done indeed with the way they met and how they were around each other being a teenagers love dream;) However, ultimately, I thought this story was a tale of friendship which shows that as long as you have that one special person, everything will be ok...

I agree that this book is very sad, but surprisingly, I didn't cry. I put this down to John Green not ringing out the sad parts for too long, this shows the sadness but doesn't focus on it making it unbearable and making me sob. I liked that:)

All in all I really enjoyed the balance of the emotions in this book. The happy parts were happy and the sad parts were sad, but both things weren't too over the top.

So yeah, a short book thinking review type sort of thing. What did you think? When did you read 'The Fault in our Stars'? Let me know in the comments:)

Cheerio! Milly x


email me: milly.w.h@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. HORAAAAAAY! You've read it!
    This is definitely one of my all time favourite books. I was the same as you. I never cried when I read this although it was incredibly sad but afterwards for hours I just sat there trying to get my head around the phenomenal book.
    Holly x

    http://hollydaydreamer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-fault-in-our-stars-john-green.html - here's the link to my review of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yayy!:) Yeah I was the same, I kept thinking about the book for a few days afterwards trying to work it all out;) Loved your review:))
      Milly xx

      Delete